Thursday 4 March 2010

FFO Workshop 2010 02 26

At FFO we got useful information about the organization and were naturally discussing universal design, while trying out different ways of being blind. As you can see from the picture below, we where handed out special glasses and blindfolds that represented the most common visual impairments.

I tried to write, draw and braid hair, while being totally blind. It was a good experience and you got the impression of what kind of blindness you would prefer. (Like you have the option to choose, haha.) However, I think that most of the participants, including myself, would prefer having partially clear vision, from being totally blind or suffer from cataract - blurred vision. To be able to see clearly in some parts of the visual field and not at all in other parts seemed a bit disturbing, but yet manageable.

Somehow, I think I got even more respect for the blind after this workshop. I will occasionally continue walking around alone with my head down to learn more, and recommend others to do the same!





No comments:

Post a Comment