Wednesday 21 April 2010

Finally!!!! My first time...

Last monday, I finally met my user for the first time.
His name is Kurt and he has once been a journalist, he worked on the NRK radio station, he had his own company to help dogs with physic problems and now he's working on a church.
Kurt is blind since birth but he never went to a school for blind people. He studied physiotherapy.

I met his dog too... I can't pronounce his name but it means "The East" in norwegian.
My "user" had 3 dogs and he said that there is not a perfect dog but there is not a perfect owner either.
About the "East" he said: "He is a dog worker that loves is work. He loves to think and he thinks very much!"

Kurt loves the sound of the birds and he hates the sound of children crying. His favorite thing in the world is travel with his wife and his two children. They use to go to the mountains to a little brick house in the middle of the forest.

We talked about music (he plays the guitar), books, travels, food, hobbies, dogs... I felt really comfortable with the conversation and he gave to me a lot of new ideas.
I could talk about a million things that he said to me but I don't think that would be interesting...

The key words about the conversation are: inside/outside, free/not free, walls, water, birds and lightness/darkness. I'm working with this all...
The only thing that I felt that Kurt feels sad about is when he needs to find a job. He said that people don't think that blinds are capable to do the same things that the others.

Now I understand what I lost in this process...Now I understand why I felt lost... You can say whatever but now I'm sure that it is impossible to do this work and this course without the guidelines of someone that knows how it is to live in a world that sometimes can be very selfish.
Here are some photos of the "situation" :)

ps: Thanks Maria for coming with me and doing the translation part when it was necessary!

4 comments:

  1. WOW, It sounds very well! Keep on! Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..congratulations :) !!

    very nice to hear, and very nice to read your blogpost here, it is full of enthusiasm and joy.
    seems like a cool and knowledgeable guy you have as a partner also!

    wish you all the best the coming weeks with communication and collaboration!

    h

    ReplyDelete
  3. great bruno! it is really joyous to feel your enthusiasm and hear about your successful encounter! the dog is adorable and your user sounds like a great match!
    it is also super that maria came along to help w/translation :)
    i am available for skype conversation most days from kl 16 norwegian time. it is always helpful if you send me some pix of your process first or post it on the blog
    look forward to see more!
    vibeke

    ReplyDelete